The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. We make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions, faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
As Harry’s, Inc diversifies across more channels, geographies, and brands, it is becoming increasingly more important that our data tells the story of the entire portfolio in a way that clarifies ROI and tradeoffs for our leaders. To support this need, we are looking for a leader to build out a new Business Insights function within Analytics. This team’s responsibilities will span:
- Running monthly business performance reviews with our leadership team and consistently driving the data-backed narrative on business performance health
- Synthesizing data on a regular basis to support our commercial leaders in understanding the what, why, and so what of various actions and strategies
- Driving portfolio-level analysis on key metrics, teeing up tradeoffs across brands and channels to help drive overall business strategy
- Supporting board and investor-related analyses as needed
- Being creative with data - pulling the best of internal and external information together to truly understand the business and market, and advising accordingly on decisions
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an Analytics leader who can build out and manage the Business Insights function. In this role specifically, you will be responsible for diving deep into our omni-channel performance and owning the data and narrative on our business health to share with leaders across the company. You will manage a small team of high performing BI analysts to get the job done.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, and a robust analytical toolkit. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business, including our CEO.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Own the narrative that drives monthly performance reviews with our full leadership team
- Drive analysis and iteration on our internal suite of executive-level reporting tools
- Consolidate data points from across business units to synthesize the overall story
- Keep a consistent pulse on our performance and competitor/category dynamics to inform ongoing decision making
- Own deep analyses of our drivers that surface insights that lead to actions. For example, you might:
- Investigate the underlying drivers of churns and cancellations
- Deep dive on what’s impacting our On-Time In-Full metric and how that’s affecting LTVs
- Track the customer journey across our eCommerce platforms and brick & mortar
- Understand what our segment of top customers looks like and diagnose why Harry’s products work for them
- Run a highly engaged and high performing team
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of high performing analysts on
- 5+ years of overall experience in the Data Analytics and/or a highly analytical field, where you have used data to drive decision-making and narrative-development
- Management consulting experience is a bonus
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in Excel and SQL (Python or R are a bonus) to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly to the Head of Analytics, and immediately take on managing one analyst
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Inc leadership team, Strategy team, Finance team, Retail team, Brand teams, amongst others
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.