Senior Manager, Compensation & Analytics at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about designing compensation programs that help to attract and retain amazing talent as well as leveraging People data to tell compelling stories.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and drives best practices to ensure that DigitalOcean has first-in-class compensation programs and People analytics. Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards the Sr. Manager, Compensation & Analytics will get to manage the design, development, implementation and administration of global compensation policies and programs. They will also get to leverage their analytical problem solving skills to conduct research, analyze data and solve complex problems through fact-based decision making.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, implement and effectively administer DO’s compensation programs globally, including base pay, annual bonus plans, sales incentive plans and equity programs.
- Collaborate with the larger People team to identify and address talent trends through our compensation practices, tying them to our employment value proposition and competitive market practices while demonstrating good financial stewardship.
- Along with your direct reports, strive for operational excellence across all practices, processes, and systems to deliver streamlined and impactful employee experience at all levels.
- Maintain effective HRIS processes to ensure compensation data integrity.
- Develop compelling and educational communication plans and programs to ensure employees have a clear understanding of the company's compensation philosophy and compensation practices.
- Nurture strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, communications and other People colleagues on the team.
- Ensure all compensation programs are in compliance with applicable regulatory and legislative requirements in various jurisdictions, including but not limited to FLSA, OFCCP, pay fairness legislation, minimum wage requirements, overtime rules, GDPR, etc. Coordinate with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Leverage and analyze People data to create hypotheses, make predictions, problem solve and arm business leaders with robust data sets to help them better understand the People part of their functions and to drive meaningful change.
- Oversee dashboard creation, metrics, and analyses for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) reporting, attrition reporting, exit interview trends, annual engagement survey data
- Partner with our People Business Partner team to socialize data narratives with our executive and leadership teams in a consistent, thoughtful, and action oriented way
- Compensation management experience with a global employer
- In-depth knowledge of US compensation laws and regulations including IRS code, FLSA, SEC regulations, EEO, SOX, state minimum wage, and pay equity legislation. Working knowledge of international compensation laws and regulations.
- In-depth understanding of HRIS.
- Outstanding Excel skills.
- CCP or a similar certificate preferred.
- Effective collaboration skills, managing partnerships with vendors, internal partners, and outside consultants to achieve results.
- Initiative and drive, ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong coaching, development, and overall leadership skills.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!