Senior Manager, Data Governance at Peloton
The Enterprise Data team, part of the broader CTO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to enable data integrity through the Enterprise applications/systems. This will be achieved through the establishment of a robust data governance framework and also ensuring the effectiveness of our system integrations. In this role, you will interact with multiple stakeholders across the organizations and will be instrumental in furthering the team’s mission.
This strategic people leadership role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice data standards including creating partnerships, enhancing and managing data visibility dashboards and self-service tools. You will lead a small team of business analysts, so previous people leadership experience is required.
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze business problems and develop both long-term sustainable solutions and also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, and have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor and coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Together we can”; and
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- For various data governance initiatives, lead the following:
- Documentation and analysis of current business processes, including the underlying systems/applications;
- Gathering and documentation of business requirements in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Translation of business requirements into functional specifications; and
- Solutioning for complex data-centric issues.
- Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption;
- Develop strong working relationships with your Enterprise Data team peers and across the wider Peloton teams;
- Lead the research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed;
- Provide guidance on the monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of data quality issues in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders; and
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical peers and business users
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior people leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL language proficiency with at least one of the common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and/or DB2 database management systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Minimum of 6+ years of related experience in data-driven and governance-focused business.
- Working experience implementing data stewardship communities
- Data Governance experience
- Data quality management experience
- Experience working and managing Metadata
- Experience working with data governance tools
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Retail or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
- Software development in a programming language (other than SQL)
- Functional experience with ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, SAP)
- Hands on experience on Integration Platforms such as Boomi, MuleSoft; AnyPoint, Pentaho, and Informatica
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.