Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Angi is seeking to fill a few key roles in its brand-new Category Management team. Angi’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations for the needs of the range of homeowners and service professionals we serve across specific home project categories – all in the strong belief that this is the necessary unlock to further accelerate the company’s growth.
The Senior Manager will work directly with the Directors and Sr. Associates on the Category Management team to drive growth of a specific home project category (or several subcategories). This is a unique opportunity to help lay the strategic and analytical foundation for growth. In this role, you are expected to leverage internal datasets to develop actionable insights for your home project categories and the broader organization, and to present those to the Category Management team and beyond. You will work cross-functionally to support and drive large new category initiatives and tests with research, analysis, project management, and potentially also by lending a hand operationally. You will oversee junior staff member’s projects to ensure progress is running smoothly. You will be expected to know your category (or subcategories) inside out.
We are looking for highly analytical individuals with management consulting experience (or similar), who are excited to wear strategy and analytics hats.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own your P&L responsibilities. You will be responsible for hitting the growth & product goals, managing your budget, and accurately forecasting for your subcategories.
- Driving expansion and growth. You will create, test, and scale growth strategies for various pieces of your business within your subcategories
- Analyzing and measuring impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify new product opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) project metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will interact with sales, product, marketing, operations and CX, as well as teams at our sister brands, to successful execute projects
- Managing junior team members. You will ultimately manage junior team members focused on specific projects
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Management consulting experience (or similar strategy experience) at a top firm strongly preferred
- MBA from a top business school (not a requirement so apply if you think you’re a good fit even if you didn’t go to b-school)
- Prior management experience a plus
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in PowerPoint
- An interest in Angi, home services, marketplaces and / or product-driven organizations
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world