Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Functional Support at Harry's Inc.
About the Team:
The Global Strategy team at Harry’s works cross-functionally to develop the company’s strategic direction, pursue existing and future opportunities, manage internal strategic projects, and improve business performance around the organization.
About the Role:
The Strategic Planning and Functional Support role will be a new capability on the Strategy team. As the leader of this new capability, you will drive on two key topic areas: 1) Strategic planning; 2) Support projects / internal consulting for our functional teams. As our business continues to grow and become more complicated, it is essential that our strategic planning process and tools keep up. You will play an integral role in setting up the organization for success by refining our existing strategic planning approach and orchestrating its execution with leadership across the organization. At the same time, this role will interface with key functional teams (e.g., across Finance/IT, people, Engineering, distro teams) and support a prioritized set of high impact initiatives.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Update and lead key corporate strategic planning processes at Harry’s
- Review what is working and gaps/drawbacks in existing annual strategic planning approach and tools (e.g., implementation of OKRs, Long-term planning process)
- Identify and implement improvements across process and tools
- Drive likely bi-annual goal setting process through the organization in partnership with CEOs and broader leadership team
- Coordinate long-term planning process to develop 3+ year view of commercial roadmap across brands and geographies and associated financial forecasts; work will require close collaboration with FP&A and the rest of the strategy team
- Drive strategy and/or business operations initiatives with support functions
- Work with functional leaders to understand needs, summarize key themes for CEO/enterprise leadership, and develop shared goals across the organization
- Effectively workplan against those projects and define success criteria (anticipate this role will drive on one or more but not all)
- Manage stakeholders across a variety of teams, including Finance, IT/Systems, People, Engineering, and distribution among others.
- On top of proposing recommendations or solutions, you will facilitate and/or do the work; build business cases for investments, lay out clear plans to execute and lead execution across teams through key milestones
- Note: For the first 6-12 months, bulk of time likely focused on planning activities
- In addition to the noted deliverables, you will bring an enterprise perspective across initiatives, building alignment across the org, specifically at the most senior level, and driving to solutions that are timely, actionable, and keep the customer at the core.
This Should Describe You:
- Demonstrated strategic planning and/or project management success-- Proven success on relevant projects with large cross-functional teams, bringing stakeholders along, and demonstrating process and content proficiency.
- Highly collaborative but not afraid to be independent -- You love working with teammates but aren’t afraid to take on a challenge alone. You get energy not only from gathering input and making recommendations, but from rolling up your sleeves and doing the work; no task is too small mentality
- Problem solver and forward thinker -- you can break down complex problems into actionable questions and develop work plans to address issues of today and tomorrow
- Master of organizational navigation-- you will understand how our teams work together, our internal processes, our values, and our enterprise goals and be able to propose solutions that aren’t only good on paper...they work for our team.
- Highly effective communicator -- you should be able to develop clear, high-quality presentation materials and communicate confidently and credibly with all teams/levels.
- Analytical and data-driven - Rigorous and organized approach to your work. Clear attention to detail. Enjoy getting to an answer but lead with the facts vs. opinion. Experience with excel modeling and financial analysis (cost/benefit, ROI, etc.).
- Sense of humor -- you take great pride in your work and take it seriously but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- A Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years in management consulting or strategic operations roles with CPG companies, 7+ years of professional experience overall in roles that challenge your ability to break down complicated problems and drive to answers with teammates
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.