Senior Manager, Strategy and Analytics - New Business
About the Role
As WeWork continues to rapidly expand and grow, our Revenue Optimization function is focused on building the foundations for pricing / yield management and inventory optimization through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling. Specifically – our Revenue Strategy group acts as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies and executing on initiatives that will maximize our revenue streams for WeWork.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Global Revenue Strategy & Operations, this position of Senior Manager of Revenue Strategy & Analytics will apply domain expertise and structured problem-solving skills to develop strategies and lead multi-functional initiatives to drive revenue growth. This includes gathering and analyzing data, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. Your contributions will have a direct impact on our business, helping our team see problems in new ways, analyze alternative solutions, and find opportunities that will help shape our global Revenue Optimization initiatives and other key strategic top-line related questions.
This position will focus specifically on developing, implementing and executing on strategies related to all pricing of our core WeWork business. To succeed in this role, you have strong leadership, communications and relationships skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. You will have significant autonomy, so we’re looking for good judgement and experience working multi-functionally and at all levels.
- Key focus areas:
- Pricing strategy: Develop, implement and execute on strategies related to all pricing of our core WeWork business (example include: Lifetime Value & Account pricing strategy, Distribution strategy, Segmentation strategy, Ancillary Revenue pricing strategy)
- Execution: Implement strategic initiatives at a global scale while working closely with regional teams
- Reporting & analysis: Ensure proper tracking and communication on results from key initiatives
- Leadership: Exemplify strong leadership abilities in both team management and communication across all levels of an organization
- Conduct detailed data analysis to develop hypothesis and build business cases to inform strategic trade-offs and decisions
- Develop models & analysis to support our decision-making regarding key revenue initiatives and new business lines
- Effectively communicate findings and provide key insights and recommendations to our Revenue Optimization Leadership team & other key leaders across the organization
- Support the pilot / execution of initiatives to validate the initial hypothesis, iterating on the recommendations
- Work closely with various teams across Pricing Operations, Data Analytics, Sales, Digital, Product, Finance, Real Estate teams
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- MBA preferred
- 6+ years of consulting / strategy experience
- Strong business insights and proven project management skills
- Expert user on Excel / Tableau – bringing to bear on large data sets to find opportunities, drive strategic insights and recommendations
- Bonus: R, Python or other programming languages – strong modelling, statistical analytics, and business intelligence
- Superb communication and facilitation skills (oral, written and listening); Ability to create meaningful presentation that tell a story
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence through all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and attention to detail
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.