What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Complete oversight and responsibility for the local market research function in the (Market), with core competency within the office sector. Function as SME for the (Market) in client and internal presentations
- Maintain intimate and extensive knowledge of the factors affecting the local commercial real estate marketplace and leverage this knowledge for the business and for clients
- Contribute to client presentations by working with product and sales teams to assemble, analyze, interpret and disseminate market intelligence with a focus on local CRE market fundamentals
- Manage extensive network of local institutional investor clients and prospects, providing white-glove service to this group with the goal of positioning VTS as the go-to resource for the (Market)
- Stay up to speed on industry trends which influence office space demand (post-COVID usage, densification and workplace trends, urban vs urban/hub and spoke models, etc.)
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, local media, real estate associations, and clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends
- Provide analytical and execution support for global, domestic, and regional research initiatives as needed
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years professional experience, ideally in commercial real estate research or a related role
- Demonstrated passion for commercial real estate with an ongoing commitment to mastering market-level dynamics. Thorough knowledge of research and data analytics and outputs to benefit our brand and core businesses
- Mastery of public speaking and proven track record of successful in-person presentations
- Strong quantitative skill set with a proven ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Bring an understanding of the institutional investor landscape; a history of high-level interactions with professionals in this space - ideally within the office ownership community - is desired
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups within our Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and leadership teams to achieve company goals and create exceptional results
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
- Ability to skillfully maneuver through uncertainty and shifting priorities
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!