Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,700 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.Job Description
MarketAxess is an innovator in the electronic trading of corporate bonds. Therefore, technology is our product.
We are seeking a senior Oracle database administrator with AWS experience. The candidate will be part of the DBA team that works on cutting edge technologies to support our trading systems, including Oracle RAC, Goldengate replication, and real-time data warehouses. The candidate will also work on cloud technologies as we migrate our applications to the AWS cloud.
What You'll Do
- Support various mission critical databases with enterprise-scale expertise in database management.
- Perform database administration functions such as database installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, capacity planning, backup, restore, disaster recovery, SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and developer support.
- Administrate Oracle Real Application Cluster on Linux Platform.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot Oracle Golden Gate Replication.
- Work with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, Lambda, DMS, and migrating on-premise data into AWS
- Proactively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts.
- Perform database performance tuning and troubleshooting for real-time mission critical database applications, using OEM, AWR, ASH, ADDM. Collaborate with enterprise infrastructure teams to diagnose end-to-end database technology stack performance issues.
- Install/Configure/Patch/Upgrade new/existing RAC cluster/Databases.
- Establish Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) strategies and supports routine DR testing.
- Configure and manage critical Golden date Database replication infrastructure.
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC and agile experience is preferred.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Automate routine DBA tasks using various programming languages.
- Design and implement solution to migration on premise data into various AWS data related service (RDS, EC2, S3, Aurora).
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds.
- Should have strong time management skills with willingness and ability to handle multiple projects/initiatives at the same time.
- Self-motivated with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills!
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle, including 5 years of experience in 12c on wards
- 3+ years of experience in Golden Gate
- 2+ years of Experience in AWS
- Good Experiences in Shell and SQL. Python is a plus
- Experience in SQL Server is a huge plus
- Experience in MySQL and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience in Pure storage is a plus
- Experience working in financial company is a plus
- Experience to Monitoring Tools like OEM cloud control, Foglight
What’s In It For You?
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.