Peloton is seeking a Senior Product Analytics Engineer to spearhead data modeling, reporting, automation, and data quality efforts within the Product Analytics Team responsible for research on Peloton Bike, Tread, Digital, and TV Apps engagement. Our team is focused on helping its stakeholders discover and measure opportunities for improving user experience, and connecting the dots between product decisions and business outcomes.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL COVER FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Create data models based on user interaction data to power ongoing reporting on project-specific and high-level Product Development Team key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborate with analysts on creating and refining requirements for data models and dashboards to balance stakeholder needs and technical feasibility
- Oversee business-facing documentation related to key models and key metrics’ calculation
- Facilitate the team’s adoption of relevant data transformation tools (dbt, Airflow) and create documentation and templates for standard transformations
Data Product Management and Operations:
- Act as a functional custodian of the software/hardware product interaction data
- Closely collaborate with the data engineering and data platform teams, as well as other functions’ analytics pods to align on cross-functional priorities, dependencies and process & infrastructure gaps, effectively representing the needs of the Product Development Team
- Learn about GDPR/CCPAother data collections privacy laws and related best practices when it comes to user interaction data handling and collection
- Effectively coach junior analytics engineers and product analysts when it comes to data modeling, ETL, and automation best practices; identify appropriate learning opportunities and resources for skill development from coding and tool-specific skills to product and process management
- Conduct code reviews and assist engineers and analysts with debugging and optimization, as needed
- This role can start out with one direct report and a potential to grow a bigger team for candidates interested in the people leadership track
- Have 4+ years of experience as an analytics engineer / data engineer working closely with a functional analytics team or have transitioned to analytics engineering function after working as a data analyst/data scientist
- Have experience with mentorship and coaching technical skills, and are excited to train the team on ETL tools and data modeling / data quality best practices
- Either through hands on experience or through close collaboration have built deep understanding of data analyst/data scientist workflows, can anticipate the level of complexity and asses speed vs. precision tradeoffs for common project types
- Have a high level of proficiency in data modeling using SQL. Hands-on knowledge of Python and/or Spark is a plus
- Have a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL. Hands on experience with AWS ecosystem is a plus
- Have experience with pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (e.g. Airflow, dbt), schema design, and dimensional data modeling
- Are familiar with event-based data collection principles and related software tools/CDPs (e.g. Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel, custom in-house built solutions), have experience investigating all ins and outs of the tracking SDK instrumentation on different software platforms and of downstream integrations with product analytics and marketing tools
- Can influence without authority and effectively advocate for your team’s needs, while taking into account cross-functional trade offs, product experience, and cost implications
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on or with a product analytics team (as an analyst, data scientist, data engineer) on a B2C software product
- Understanding of data lakes and/or distributed streaming platforms and their use cases for user interaction data collection and enrichment
- Some experience with software performance and quality measurement platforms (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, BugSnag etc.)
- Understanding of GDPR/CCPA implications for product data collection and downstream usage
- Familiarity with various data analysis and BI platforms such as Mode, Sagemaker, Databricks, Looker, Tableau, Superset.
- Experience with vendor evaluation process
- Strong interest in data visualization, dashboard design
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.