Peloton is seeking a Senior Production Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
- Own datastore and application reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Write and review code, create and maintain documentation
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of datastores and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with application architecture and traffic pattern planning.
- Scale and improve our ORM.
- Build and contribute to tooling.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Experience learning software, frameworks, and APIs
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments
- Strong design skills in application architecture, systems architecture, and database schema.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python,Ruby,Java etc
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.