Peloton is seeking a Senior Production Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
- Own datastore and application reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Write and review code, create and maintain documentation
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of datastores and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with application architecture and traffic pattern planning.
- Scale and improve our ORM.
- Build and contribute to tooling.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Experience learning software, frameworks, and APIs
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments
- Strong design skills in application architecture, systems architecture, and database schema.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python,Ruby,Java etc
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.