We’re Ushering in a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibra is the industry’s leading global data governance and catalog provider, founded with the purpose of addressing data management from the perspective of business stakeholders across any organization. Collibra is the trusted data authority for the enterprise business user.
We automate data governance and management processes by providing applications where collaboration and ease-of-use come first.
Collibra was founded in Brussels in 2008, as a spinoff from the Department of Computer Science at Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Its software products and thought leadership are based on a long tradition of academic research. Today, Collibra partners with the best research and education institutions globally, and our customers include some of the most prestigious global companies across nearly every sector.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As part of the office of the CTO, the Research team is centered at the forefront of adopting the latest and greatest technologies, finding potential use cases, and identifying opportunities in the product roadmap to leverage disruptive technologies. The Research team focuses on driving industry-leading research to deliver technology solutions that will address the problems of tomorrow.
A day in the life of a Senior Researcher:You’ll report directly to our Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Conducting advanced research activities such as literature reviews, interviews, technical prototype development, pilot programs, value assessment, and more.
- Working closely with the Chief Science officer to define, build, and grow a division of Collibra's burgeoning research lab.
- Collaborating with researchers from top research institutes on burning topics such as ML/AI, AR/VR, blockchain, and data valuation.
- Working with Collibra's most innovative customers to identify and translate their problems into research projects and theses.
- Identifying, creating, building, and iterating on research-driven pilots and prototype to address potential use cases solutions.
- Seeking funding to further develop research initiatives within the company.
- Leading and coordinating the internal experimental research process while working with our academic partners on research collaborations and initiatives.
- Communicating experimental research projects to internal stakeholders, proposing potential applications, and to external stakeholders in the form of scholarly journals, code repositories, patent development, and more.
- Driving research projects to and through completion
- A Master's in Computer Science Economics, or related fields is a minimum; PHD is preferred
- 3-5 years practical research experience in a corporate environment, such as professional research institutions, technology companies, data science organizations, or large hedge funds or investment banks.
- Documented research in either AI, ML, NLP, Blockchain, Data or AI Ethics, Security & Privacy, Information Ontology.
- Strong writing and presenting skills for research documentation, publication creation, and presentation
- Excellent project management skills in order to keep deliverables and projects running on time
- Experience with submitting funding proposals to national or EU programs.
- Willingness and availability to travel
- Programming experience with Java or Python.
- A strong desire to learn the latest trends, studies, and science behind data and make real-world applications via Collibra’s software offerings.
- A real appetite to help Collibra build a Research Lab to remain on the leading edge of Data practices.