VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace, VTS Market. VTS Market will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this position help VTS succeed?
As part of the engineering team you’ll be a key contributor to our goal of accelerating the way space providers and occupiers plan, market, lease and manage space.
As such, you will:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products for our customers
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on boarding buddy, etc.
- Directly contribute to exciting projects.
Examples of recent work:
- Generate beautiful letters of intent (LOI) from financial terms managed in VTS
- Rebuild our financial calculations to support new leasing metrics (e.g. net effective rent), increase performance, and improve code quality
- Automate infrastructure deployment using TerraformMigrate VTS workflow front-end from Angular to React
What makes you a great fit?
- Demonstrable experience building web applications and APIs, and/or data products (data engineering, data visualization, machine learning)
- Experience with agile engineering practices (testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
More about our team
- We have a 70+ person engineering teamWe work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.