Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Our Data Integrations team enables real-time quoting, tendering, tracking, and invoicing for freight between Transfix and our Shippers and Carriers. These systems provide the automation and efficiency necessary for Transfix to scale our digital freight marketplace and move shipments with few, or no, touch points from our Operations team. We are responsible for delivering Transfix’s pricing and freight capacity directly into the hands of our customers, seamlessly integrated into their software platforms. We accomplish this utilizing external APIs, EDI, self-serve documentation and testing, and a truckload of automation!
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Write code to extend Transfix’s platform and endpoints for data exchange with our proprietary freight management system via APIs and EDI.
- Develop self-serve API documentation and testing platforms that enable developers to integrate with our platforms with minimal direct support.
- Manage technical operations and scaling for our existing services, e.g. monitoring and triaging errors, maintaining low-latency in runtime performance, scaling infrastructure as our business grows.
- Write automated tests—linting, unit tests, and end-to-end integration tests.
- Deploy code to production frequently.
- Collaborate with partners across the company, as well as external customers and partners (shippers, carriers, software partners).
- Our platforms are built with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their native services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks, including RSpec. We monitor our production software with tools like DataDog, Sentry, and CloudWatch.
- You have 5+ years professional experience writing, delivering, supporting, and debugging production software.
- You have a mastery of Ruby, and at least one additional language (e.g. Python, Java, Go, C, or C++).
- You have prior experience supporting external APIs and associated authentication schemes, documentation, and testing frameworks.
- You advocate for best practices and high quality code in your teams, and are thoughtful about prioritizing improvements that will have the most impact in your team.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating with a diverse set of partners.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
This is a remote role. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern and Central time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.