Senior Software Engineer, Data at VTS
How does this position help VTS succeed?
- As part of the engineering team you’ll be a key contributor to our goal of accelerating the way space providers and occupiers plan, market, lease and manage space. As such, you will:
- Help design and build VTS’ next-generation APIs that will seamlessly integrate into our customer’s ecosystems
- Move VTS from a tightly-coupled data model to well-encapsulated sources-of-truth
- Ensure our data sets are complete, unique, timely, valid, accurate, consistent, and easy to consume
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other full-stack teams to incrementally craft high quality products for our customers
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or onboarding buddy, etc.
What makes you a great fit?
- You bring a holistic view to discussions around API design, looking at the impact and not just about delivering the functional needs
- Have built resilient, distributed data processing pipelines
- Extensive experience with different database technologies, both querying and modeling
- Experience with agile engineering practices (testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
More about our team
- We have a 70+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA, grouped in outcome-oriented “houses”
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- We work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Python, and Kafka
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS values & how we show it
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!