Senior Software Engineer, Search and Recommendations at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
As a Senior Software Engineer with the Information Retrieval pod at TpT, your primary focus will be development and delivery of products and features related to Search and Recommendations. You’ll work on scaling our systems as load, users, and transactions are rapidly increasing. You'll be tackling problems big and small – from search & personalization algorithms, to multi-service orchestration, to building a resilient API.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- At least two years of experience working on a team focused on search systems, including work on engagement and relevance metrics.
- At least some experience working with recommendation systems in production.
- Substantial experience writing production-quality code in Python.
- Experience with testing and monitoring resilient systems at scale.
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoys mentoring teammates and working collaboratively with peer engineering teams.
- Committed to continuous learning, and communicating and sharing what you have learned.
- At least five years of experience in software development at scale.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.