Senior Software Engineering Manager, Research Data Platforms at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager/Director to head up the Engineering Enablement group in our Research Data Platforms (RDP) organization to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. RDP, as an organization, empowers Flatiron’s research stakeholders to operate at the top of their license by building a software platform that enables easy development and maintenance of innovative data products with self-service tools. The Engineering Enablement sub-organization specifically focuses on accelerating the pace of development for all research engineers.
Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll manage 3 platform engineering teams supporting the research engineering division of Flatiron. In addition, you'll also:
- Provide mentorship and career development to tech leads, managers and software engineers
- Partner with a product manager to lead the ideation of the next generation of shared tooling, infrastructure and processes to increase the research engineering team’s velocity
- Deliver infrastructure services to reduce research engineering development and operational friction
- Identify initiatives that push forward the research technical vision
- Evangelize and hold the team accountable to promote best practices to all research engineers
- Effectively partner with your technical and product stakeholders. Drive your technical strategy through a prioritized roadmap
Who You Are
You're an software engineering manager with 4 or more years experience leading large or multiple software engineering teams. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have understanding for internal tooling and have strong empathy for engineering as your stakeholders
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are excited about growing engineering talent and shaping Flatiron’s future technical leaders
- You understand and demonstrate the power of granting autonomy to teams and individuals
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.