About the Team
At Harry’s Inc., we place our customers at the core of everything we do. The Data Engineering team’s goal is to enable every other team at Harry's, Inc. to deeply understand and delight our customers. How are our website sales affected by our online ads? And sales in nearby retail stores? How are online purchases made by customers living near a store influenced by retail campaigns in that store? How can we best help our new customers find just the right first product for themselves? And can we help our returning customers find the next brand or product that will delight them? These are just a few of the questions we look to answer.
About the Role
As a Senior Staff Data Engineer, you’ll be a technical lead, leading our team on execution against our data platform strategy. You’ll acquire a deep knowledge of industry standards and integrate best in-class data partners in the e-commerce space. You’ll also lead the design and implementation of highly differentiated data services at Harry’s. These services will enable our people to understand our customers deeply, and help our systems act on those insights. You will report to the Manager of Data Engineering.
Some things you’ll do:
- Lead data engineers on scoping and delivery of cross-functional projects laddering up to our most important value drivers at Harry’s, Inc.
- Teach, mentor and coach members of the team on all aspects of building end-to-end data services in production. Unlock their technical growth, scaling yourself and the team in the process.
- Learn, discover and master new approaches to building solutions, processes and systems. Design and implement reference solutions, processes and systems that set technical direction on the team.
- Build authentic relationships by communicating with empathy and humility. Lead by example, and continuously generate alignment within and across teams to help projects and teams succeed.
Who you are:
- You are fluent in SQL and Python. You have a firm understanding of different language paradigms and frameworks and can effectively learn a range of systems given the time.
- You understand the fundamentals of industry standard technologies and architectures for data processing. (E.g., Hive, Redshift, Spark, etc. for batch processing, and Kafka, Kinesis, etc. for stream processing.)
- You can debug data just as well as you can debug infrastructure and code.
- You have built, deployed, debugged and improved services delivering demonstrable value to users in production.
- You have experience mentoring team members on technical projects.
- You have experience working cross-functionally on production systems.
- You love enabling users to solve impactful problems.
Nice to have experience with:
- Working with BI tools, as a user or developer (e.g Tableau, Looker)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your Hiring Manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more. #BI-Remote
#LI-AB1 #LI-Remote #BI-Remote