Senior User Experience Researcher at Flatiron Health
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher who is excited to help improve OncoEMR, our oncology specific medical record that helps healthcare providers give the best care possible to cancer patients. Today, OncoEMR is used by 1 in 5 oncologists across the United States.
By joining our growing research team, you’ll help build a first-in-class electronic medical record—one that is reliable, simple, safe, and smart. You will accelerate our user research efforts by leading projects to uncover foundational insights to improve our tools and help teams determine what actions to take that consistently put our users first. You will also conduct late-stage usability tests to ensure design quality. Your work has the potential to empower a wide range of caregivers throughout a patient’s treatment journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is key to Flatiron’s strategic goals and where a great user experience is a core differentiator. Through a collaborative partnership with oncologists, nurses, practice administrators, data scientists, engineers, designers and product managers, you will deliver well-researched analyses that not only solve problems, but will broaden the way user research is applied to healthcare products and processes. Ultimately, your work will help tackle one of the most complex challenges of our time.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with various teams to identify research opportunities, influence roadmaps, and ensure that the work we ship adds meaningful value to both the user and the business.
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, and conduct, synthesize and share research at the right level for diverse audiences in a way that increases user empathy and inspires action.
- Collaborate with product management, design, operations, and engineering on defining and measuring success, ultimately ensuring that our efforts are tied to both user needs and business goals.
- Help to manage our iterative design process by planning and executing on usability testing to ensure our products are safe and designs are working as intended.
- 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Practical experience with a wide variety of research methods and tools.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.