Senior/Lead Clinical Terminologist at Flatiron Health
Our team is looking for a hands-on clinical data expert who loves to be in the trenches analyzing data. The ideal candidate is excited about harmonizing clinical data through healthcare IT standardization and is passionate about how data interoperability is transforming patient care.
This job requires a sharp analytical mind, a love of clinical data, and a passion for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time.
Utilizing knowledge of data transformations, you will lead a team of contractors to harmonize structured data, the same way, every time. This role requires applying knowledge of clinical consideration and workflows, harmonization policies, and data aggregation rules to ensure content is not lost or misinterpreted across multiple disparate use cases. You'll also need to you communicate cross-functionally for the clarification of mapping challenges, policies, and anomalies.
- Track and ensure Harmonization Team’s Service Level Agreements are being met.
- Collaborate with technical and clinical cross-functional product teams.
- Cross-train and mentor new contract harmonization team resources
- Address new/existing harmonization requests from downstream stakeholders
- Evaluate / scope initial harmonization efforts and future resourcing needs
- Update and refine Harmonization Team documentation and Playbook to reflect current SOPs
- Triage and resolve mapping related issues due to problems with data transmission/translation.
- Document issues, resolutions, and identify opportunities for data quality improvement.
- Manage process to investigating impact of adding new clinical data and completing requests.
- Maintain documentation and education material to communicate to internal consumers of harmonized data with the right level of detail.
- Clinical expertise combined with technical with either:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N.) or P.A.-C. plus technical experience
- Or combination of Technical/Informatics degree and clinical experience
- Experience working with at least one Electronic Health Record (EHR) system (e.g.: Epic, MOSAIQ, Varian, Cerner) AND/OR 2+ years hands-on clinical experience
- Hands-on experience curating and extracting data from databases, analyzing data, and/or integrating terminologies, preferably in a healthcare IT environment
- Knowledge of clinical oncology, oncology data, and oncology related data sets
- Understanding of databases or some SQL knowledge
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excited about and not afraid to learn new technologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of standard classifications and codesets used in medical coding and billing schemes, such as ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and NDC
- Knowledge of standard controlled vocabularies like LOINC, RxNorm, SNOMED-CT, and NCI Thesaurus
- Clinical provider experience (e.g.: RN, Lab specialist, MD)