Senior/Staff Data Insights Engineer Manager
We're looking for a Staff Data Insights Engineer to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Data Insights Engineering is a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering and understanding customer needs, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on data products. We define data strategy, drive technical execution and initial rollout of the product and leverage data insights to improve operational efficiency.
- Help drive the strategic direction and priorities as we solidify Flatiron Health as a top data science company in healthcare
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Partner with cross functional leaders to drive forward an entire product and platform portfolio
- Conduct customer interviews to understand their needs and help drive our data products strategy
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
- Develop models that translate unstructured patient data into valuable clinical insights and optimize Flatiron's processes and products
- Analyze and visualize oncology data for our clients in cancer clinics, academic institutions and life sciences companies
- Build and own complex data pipelines using SQL and other data processing tools
- Do this all while mentoring team members and guiding them to tackle bigger and more complex problems
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial, customer-focused engineer or data scientist, experienced in driving new data capabilities. You’re are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience in relevant roles such as data scientist, technical product manager, data engineer, or similar; and a track record of success driving forward large initiatives by generating buy-in, managing complex projects and continuously driving work forward
- You understand a broad spectrum of methods and disciplines in data science and analytics, and you are especially skilled in at least one of these fields: machine learning, data analytics, decision science, operations research, data modeling, or data engineering
- You have deep expertise in statistics and analytics or in applying product management frameworks to solve complex business problems
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control and one or more modern programming languages
- You care more about fixing our customers’ problems and advancing cancer treatment than you do about dealing with the coolest / newest data processing techniques
- You are effective at representing Flatiron and your team to our most important customers and stakeholders
- You are a clear and confident communicator who can break down complex data analyses to tell a compelling story
- You have a passion for teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience and guiding them as they develop their careers
- You are value-oriented and practical in how you apply data to problems and understand what it takes to build sustainable products at scale
- You already exemplify Flatiron values and are eager to be a cultural champion for them: you are vocally self-critical, willing to sit on the floor, and focused on solving problems that matter
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.