Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Angi is seeking a curious and driven SEO Specialist to support its ambitious growth strategy. This role will work closely with senior members of the SEO team as well as cross-functionally with product, design and engineering teams for Angi.com and HomeAdvisor.com domains. The role will be responsible for providing analysis in developing initiatives, implementing optimizations, QA’ing improvements and reporting on performance. This person will have significant involvement across the SEO organization including SEO strategy, technical SEO, product and engineering as well as content and editorial.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor SEO KPIs across Omniture, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster tools and other systems; reporting on trends and troubleshooting errors as needed.
- Execute the day-to-day details of larger SEO projects including creating new pages, implementing on-page optimizations, redirecting low value URLs and reporting on results.
- Work with product and engineering teams to finalize requirements and QA development before and after release.
- Conduct SEO research into consumer demand, keywords, competitors, and SEO best practices to inform project decisions and support prioritization of competing projects.
- Support the content and editorial organization by providing analysis and recommendations around keyword targeting, E-A-T signals, structure data markup, and competitor insights.
- Dive into the details of larger technical initiatives such as page speed optimization, JS rendering, mobile first indexing, and more.
- Support the SEO A/B experimentation initiative by building out experiment details, QA’ing staged versions, monitoring post launch performance and calculating annualized impacts.
- Stay current on emerging trends, SEO best practices and the latest algorithmic updates.
- Collaborate with others cross functionally to align goals and drive impact.
Who you are:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, familiar with SEO best practices and trends, and is drawn to the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- High ownership: takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO within and beyond the department, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow SEO’s impact.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive, can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering)
- 1 – 3 years of SEO experience with medium to large, B2C sites
- Demonstrated track record of success on large, complex web projects
- Understanding of search engine algorithms, ranking methods, processes and popular toolsets
- Experience working within various Content Management Systems such as Wordpress
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of data on a regular basis
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst or Google Analytics 360 strongly desired
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $40,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world