Site Reliability Engineer - Machine Learning at Squarespace (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Machine Learning (ML) team supports production-facing customer experiences and solutions including search engines, style and template recommendations, dynamic content generation, phishing and fraud detection and more. Reporting to the manager of Machine Learning, you will be an important individual contributor and DevOps practitioner for ML Platform. ML Platform builds tools from the ground up to automate data-intensive workflows, enhance telemetry and reproducibility of our modeling ecosystem and provide top-class developer tools for ML engineering peers. You will have significant growth opportunity to bring DevOps best practices to the fast-paced world of machine learning.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Contribute production-facing software solutions for ML systems with a focus on microservice delivery, continuous integration and automation
- Enhance ML operational quality standards across code review, technical documentation and testing procedures
- Partner with SRE teams focusing on compute resourcing, service delivery, security, data privacy and organizational compliance to solve ML operational challenges
- Empower DevOps best practices by creating top-class developer tools, automations and self-service solutions for your peers
- Represent and promote ML use cases and requirements in organizational planning and architecture review
- 3+ years of software engineering experience focusing on DevOps and system tools for a combination of microservice delivery, developer tools, data pipelines and machine learning
- Hands-on experience with container-based delivery systems, automated testing frameworks, observability and monitoring solutions and workload automation tools
- Enthusiasm for engaging with ML engineers as core customers and supporting complex integrations, cloud-based solutions and developer tools
- Experience in Python, Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform is preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.