SOC Analyst at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking to hire a SOC Analyst to join our security team. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our current security infrastructure.
- 2 years minimum experience in the information security field
- 2 years experience with security detection tools SIEM, EDR, IDS/IPS etc.
- Create or improve upon processes, procedures, and policies
- Work with external SOC as a point of escalation
- Define tool requirements to improve SOC capabilities
- Experience with public Cloud Native APIs (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Experience working in Financial industry a plus
- Investigate and resolve anomalies and events.
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing the current security infrastructure.
- Assist with network security evaluations and enhancements.
Skills and Experience:
- Scripting experience Python, PowerShell, Bash etc.
- Security Certifications OSCP, CEH, GPEN
- Contributed to open source projections
- Participates in CTFs
- Knowledge of latest current Information Security trends.
- Knowledge of firewalls
- Knowledge of offensive tactics
- AWS experience is a plus
- Able to work in a cross platform environment (Mac & Windows)
- Actively threat hunt for both known and unknown IOCs
- Be part of an on-call rotation from time to time
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.