Software and Data Architect, MSK MIND at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are looking for a Software and Data Architect to design and implement the architecture of the MSK MIND data platform that will integrate multi-dimensional datasets and enable advanced analytics including machine learning and artificial intelligence. You will be working closely with software engineers, data scientists, clinicians, and molecular biologists. You will play a major role in the MSK MIND’s growth and decision making.
- Enthusiastic about solving problems in cancer research and their clinical applications.
- A software and data engineer and/or architect who has a deep understanding of data infrastructure and data governance.
- Eager to learn and apply new technologies and ideas to benefit the entire organization.
- A person who enjoys working in a team and coach other team members.
- Design and implement the software and data architecture of MSK MIND, including data pipelines, data storage, and data API.
- Design and implement data pipelines to extract, transform and load (ETL) a variety of datasets from existing sources, including imaging, genomics, and clinical data.
- Design and implement cloud and on-premise data lake and data warehouse.
- Implement data governance/stewardship policies into the platform.
- Design and implement the API for accessing the MSK MIND datasets.
- Design and implement web-based interfaces for data visualization.
- Work with machine learning experts to develop and scale machine learning applications for multi-model cancer research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years experience OR Master’s degree with 5+ years experience.
- Hands-on experience in software and data architecture design and implementation.
- Strong skills in a programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Go).
- Experienced in relational and nonrelational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDb, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experienced in using open source frameworks and non-traditional data stores (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Experienced in container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experienced in cloud computing, storage, and deployment.
- Experience with Agile software development and participating in a Scrum team.
- Good verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge in fundamental algorithms in machine learning.
- Prior involvement in health informatics or bioinformatics domain.
- Understanding the Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) data principles.
- Understanding medical imaging tech stacks (DICOM, PACS, VNA).
- Understanding Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR).
- Knowledge in healthcare data models.
- Experience in developing interface against Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
- Experience in web development.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.