Software Engineer (Big Data) at Integral Ad Science
YES- we are hiring for this role!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us in building our next generation data processing platform. As part of the platform team you will work in multiple areas including campaign performance measurement and reporting, ad fraud, and botnet detection.
Are you someone who likes to have fun at work? Are you passionate about picking problems apart, driving results, and making an impact? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where no two days are the same? If so, we want to speak with you!
About our team:
Quite simply our platform is the engine that powers the verification, optimization, and analytics solutions we provide. It has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds.
What you'll get to do:
- Work on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark and MPP columnar databases
- Design, code and maintain components aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming and batch ETL's and RESTful API's
- Mentor junior team members
You should apply if you have most of this:
- 3+ years of recent hands-on experience in Java or Scala
- Regular use of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Experienced in designing for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Understanding of algorithms, scalability and proficiency with object oriented programming concepts
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Good knowledge of Linux command line tools
What puts you over the top:
- Exposure to messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience building low latency, high throughput systems
- Some exposure to functional programming languages like Scala
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.