Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Our Data Integrations team enables real-time quoting, tendering, tracking, and invoicing for freight between Transfix and our Shippers and Carriers. These systems provide the automation and efficiency necessary for Transfix to scale our digital freight marketplace and move shipments with minimal touch points from our Operations team. We are responsible for delivering Transfix’s pricing and freight capacity directly into the hands of our customers, seamlessly integrated into their software platforms. We accomplish this utilizing external APIs, EDI, self-serve documentation and testing, and a truckload of automation!
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Write code to extend Transfix’s platform and endpoints for data exchange with our proprietary freight management system via APIs and EDI.
- Write automated tests—linting, unit tests, and end-to-end integration tests.
- Deploy code to production frequently.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and extend our integration platforms to support new partners, customers, and use-cases.
- Learn to monitor and manage technical operations for our systems using tools like DataDog, Sentry and CloudWatch.
- Debug issues across distributed systems.
- Collaborate with partners across the company, as well as external customers and partners (shippers, carriers, software partners).
- Our platforms are built with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their native services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks, including RSpec.
- You have 2+ years professional experience in software development.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- You take pride in your work and follow through on commitments.
- You have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.