Software Engineer - Data Ops at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Software Engineer on our Data Operations Team, you will build the platforms that enable our Operations Team to work at maximum efficiency and that will power our analytical efforts. You will engineer elegant solutions to optimize and automate repetitive processes by working with subject matter experts to gain an in-depth understanding of Clear Street businesses. You will help launch data pipelines that transform and transport data across our platform, and research and implement our analytics environment. The Data Operations Team translates requests into well engineered solutions while prioritizing our business needs.
Software Engineer - Data Operations Team Characteristics:
- You built a solid foundation in Computer Science and Distributed Computing
- You live by the integrity of the data flowing through your system - you define metrics and measurements, and build frameworks to validate and monitor data quality.
- You are skilled at writing SQL queries and manipulating data with Pandas.
- Your strong Python skills allow you to write elegant scripts that automate processes while accruing little technical debt.
- You dig deep into the latest data technologies and frameworks to build tools that empower researchers to maximize the impact of their insights.
- You possess strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- You are interested in finance and strive to understand the intricacies of the markets.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks