Software Engineer - Data (Univ. Grad)
As an engineer working in Data, you’ll sit with a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and business analysts, working closely with your team to turn complex sources into valuable insights. Our projects improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through data services and applications. We’re responsible for many different datasets and utilize a variety of data pipelines and tools, so you’ll gain a wide variety of valuable data engineering knowledge. You’ll be working on a team where constant learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
Our data engineering work here at Squarespace is divided into two areas:
- You’ll work directly with data scientists and analysts to help solve problems with data.
- You’ll work with our data warehouse and ETL systems that ingest data impacting marketing, business metrics and reporting, product research and long term decisions impacting the company.
- You’ll work directly with engineers and data scientists to improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through data services and applications.
- You’ll work with streaming systems that ingest hundreds of millions of event records per day and batch systems built on top of hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Work closely with other engineers, building high quality solutions and data processing services for an internal customer
- As a team member you’ll contribute to code reviews, technical discussions, and attend regular team meetings.
- Communicate with engineers, analysts and other stakeholders to lead development of solutions
- Learn new languages, data stores, and other technologies as needed
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with python or java, and data stores such as Postgresql, MongoDB and HDFS
- Curiosity about how a technology company builds software for itself
- You're motivated and driven. You naturally take responsibility for a project and ask for help when needed.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 750 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.