Software Engineer, Data
We're seeking an experienced Engineer to join our growing data team. In this role you’ll build, scale, maintain and improve the core of our data pipeline application systems. You will be instrumental in designing a sustainable and efficient architecture for our event tracking and data warehouse. In addition you will be working closely with our product engineers and analytics team to productionalize our data infrastructure and integrity. We have a ton of interesting data to explore and are looking for someone who’s excited to help us ask the right questions, dig deep into the answers, and build solid systems that address them.
A little about us
The Paperless Post Data team plays a crucial role in our product’s success. We get to dive into advanced data work—from machine learning to visualization, classifier creation to ETL pipelines—that solve complex business problems and increase the functional capabilities of everyone throughout the company. On the reporting side, we help ensure that all teams have the information they need to make sound business decisions. Above all, we’re a team that is excited about what we do.
What you’ll do here
- Work closely with other engineers and stakeholders to organize and prioritize your efforts for performance, stability, and clean code.
- Stay current on technology trends and participate in internal tech talks, hack days, and learning sessions.
- Become the best child/spouse/sibling/friend because you’ll send more greeting cards than you ever thought possible.
The ideal candidate will have a good blend of programming, analysis, and communication skills. We're not expecting you to have everything on this list, but here are some things that spark our interest:
- A solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Knowledge of systems integration using HTTP and Queues; processing high throughput streams of near real-time data is something that you have already done or are very interested in.
- Experience building, integrating, and productionizing event measuring tools at scale.
- An eagerness to embrace an engineering culture that values testing, code review, and leaving things better than the way you found them.
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- The ability to be opinionated but not dogmatic.
- Comfort backing ideas up with logic and data.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 30 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!