Software Engineer, Data
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The role you'll play:
As a Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our data software engineers build scalable data pipelines and big data processing systems that runs on AWS cloud We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, “teach and learn” culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your main tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon time frame.
- Design and build efficient ETL infrastructures for unstructured textual data sets and various other types of data sources
- Take a prototype of a data product built with NLP and/or machine learning models and make it run reliably in production.
- Design and implement internal tools to make this data processing infrastructure easily accessible to and usable by data scientists and software developers
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
What you bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable
- 4+ years professional experience in Python. Familiarity with Go is a plus
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. Redshift, MySQL, Aurora)
- Experience using Spark, Sqoop, AWS services (Spectrum, Glue) and other related tools in the big data ecosystem
- Knowledgeable of data modeling, data storage techniques, data warehousing and general data architecture
- Experience with engineering data pipelines to capture, store and process unstructured data
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!