Software Engineer II (ML platform) at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
GrubHub is looking for ML Engineers to join our Machine Learning Platform team. You will work with our Platform engineers to empower data science teams throughout the organization by building out ML pipeline services and infrastructure. In this role you will partner closely with the infrastructure and data engineering teams as well as data science teams working on a wide variety of modeling solutions including NLP classification, time series forecasting, and personalization/ recommendation. The goals of the ML Platform team are to reduce the time and effort needed for model development, deployment, and maintenance, lower the barrier to entry for model deployment.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design and implement a production-facing Machine Learning Microservices platform.
- Contribute to roadmap and architectural decisions for the future of ML platforms
- Be an advocate for ML platform to other engineering, data science leaders across the company
- Take ownership of automating ML pipeline components, including model observability and feature store services from inception to deliverable
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years of software engineering experience focusing on tools for machine learning infrastructure, including proficiency with both Python as well as Java (or other JVM languages)
- Experience with productionalizing ML models with best practices across deployment, tooling and observability.
- Understand ML ops pain points from development to production deployment
- Strong communication skills: Work with strong engineering leaders across organizations and partner with them to create robust solutions to complex technical ML problems.
- Provide technical mentorship, guidance and quality-focused code review to Machine Learning and Data Science teams
- Hands-on experience with platform tools such as AWS EMR and Sagemaker, Databricks MLflow, or H2O and Tensorflow/ TF Serve. Working knowledge of modern distributed data pipeline tools such as Spark, Kafka stream.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.