Sourcing & Procurement Analyst
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Financial Operations
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Procurement Analyst
Gemini is looking to expand its Procurement team with the addition of a mid/senior Analyst. With Procurement as a function of the Financial Operations Team, we are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
This Analyst role offers a unique opportunity to combine Strategic Sourcing with Procurement Operations. You'll be responsible for supporting stakeholders across Technology, Compliance, Marketing, Sales, and more to help foster innovation and growth. You'll also be partnering closely with Legal, Security, and Risk to ensure compliance of the Procurement & Vendor Management Policy.
In this role you will have the opportunity to create and influence the Procurement and Vendor Management framework and procedures, helping to strike a healthy/efficient balance between process and innovation. Gemini will be looking for an individual who can think creatively to marry the world of traditional procurement practices/procedures with a modern and innovative twist to remove inefficiencies and non valued added activities.
The Crypto-Currency space is ever evolving and the Gemini Spaceship moves at the speed of light. As a respected leader in the space, Gemini is uniquely positioned to help influence the development of our industry. We are looking for an ambitious self starter who thrives in a world of unknown and critical problem solving. This Analyst should be motivated by challenging the status quo and isn't afraid to roll their selves up to help.
- Assist with development and implementation of Sourcing and Vendor Management framework including process, procedures, and controls; as well as implement and maintain procurement, vendor, and contract management software for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance to contracts
- Work cross-functionality as a strategic partner to the Legal, Risk, and GRC functions to carry out necessary procurement, sourcing, and vendor management acitivities.
- Perform category management and service stakeholders across the organization (Compliance, Tech, FinOps, People, Marketing, Comms, Sales, Corp Dev, Product/Project Management, etc).
- Manage all aspects of procurement related activities, such as processing purchase requisitions, creating purchase orders, building and maintaining supplier relationships, RFPs, contract negotiations, service renewals, and monitoring quality and service.
- Review and negotiate contracts/purchase agreements with vendors, subcontractors, and external clients
- Place purchase orders, monitor open purchase orders, review and approve vendor invoices, and perform an important role in fixed asset management
- Support the Vendor Management process including on-boarding, monitoring service/quality, issue resolution, termination, and off-boarding.
- Identify and implement new opportunities for continuous improvement, cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively track progress towards these objectives
- 3-5+ years of sourcing, procurement and vendor/contract management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or another related field
- Strong practical and demonstrated knowledge in all phases of sourcing, procurement, vendor/contract management (policies, procedures, practices, POs, management, etc.)
- Effective Stakeholder Relationship Management skills including the ability to make and influence critical decisions
- Experience with onboarding and management of Vendors including: contract review, quality control, issue resolution, service renewals, and termination/off-boarding.
- Robust Category and Spend Management experience
- Desire to learn and grow with a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- 4+ years of sourcing, procurement and vendor/contract management experience
- Development and implementation of Sourcing/Procurement Operations, CoE, and/or continuous improvement
- Experience working with Legal, Technical, and Security teams.
- In-depth experience with Commercial and Contract Negotiations including contract review and redlining.
- Experience supporting Technology, and Marketing teams and vendors (including SaaS, Professional Services, and Creative Agencies) is a plus.
- Experience with use and/or implementation of ERP/P2P/S2P systems and software
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.