At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our engineering team works on challenging product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment, and the backbone of our business is served by our custom logistics management system which is core to our capacity to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time. We utilize data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
Engineers at Rent the Runway focus on solving business problems first, and receive the satisfaction that they have true impact on the success of the company. Many of our engineers are entrepreneurs themselves, and we strongly encourage a collaborative, product-driven culture across our organization.
About the Job:
Our QA team is focused on thinking like our users and helping the engineering team build features that work well for those users in all the ways they may interact with our systems. If you are passionate about testing and ensuring a great user experience while working with a fun group of talented and driven engineers, this is the right role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Translate business requirements into test cases and plans
- Perform Functional, Smoke and Regression testing
- Provide assessment of product quality to project stakeholders
- Assess risk of project changes
- Escalate and facilitate resolution of blockers
- 3-5 years experience in an eCommerce or web based environment.
- Working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and testing best practices
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Desire to learn independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.