SQL Analyst at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role:
Reporting to the Director of Business Analytics, the SQL Analyst will help maintain and improve the DailyPay’s financial model using historical data and providing forecasts based on various metrics. In addition you will provide support and improve DailyPay’s executive managerial reporting to the functional heads, management and operating committees. Finally you will provide support and improve DailyPay’s financial and operational initiatives and projects.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.How You Will Make an Impact:
- Creating and maintaining data tables, temporary tables, views, and stored procedures for reports including data cleansing
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Writing SQL queries and joining tables to extract data for reporting
- Partnering with other areas of the business to identify how to store and structure data for robust analytics and reporting
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
- Fulfilling ad hoc requests for data and/or analysis
- Documentation of tables, processes, and queries including creation and maintenance of ERDs and data flowcharts
- Running backups and restoring database
- Automating query results and creating reports using data visualization and/or other reporting tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, accounting, statistics or other quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in financial reporting and/or analytics areas
- Thorough understanding relational database concepts
- Knowledge of ETL tools
- Experience with all four CRUD database functions
- Prior experience designing optimal data structures for analytics
- Experience with Snowflake and PostgreSQL a plus
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or a similar dashboarding or data visualization tool preferred
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.