Sr. Analyst, Digital Analytics at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
You are a mobile and web analytics enthusiast eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for driving actionable insights across the organization. You enjoy intuitive data structures and believe that data should not be intimidating. You are an ambassador for self-service reporting tools and will support company growth by taking ownership of the data collection and tag management tools that facilitate insights into customer activity across our platforms. You love the promise of big data, getting into the details of data assets and its collection methodology. You want to create a reliable data foundation, enabling the organization to distill opportunities/themes and design programs to test theories or new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization about its customers & their behavior, and deriving actionable insights in an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social, and eCommerce.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, designers, marketing analysts, finance analysts, and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements to measure product, individual feature, and/or marketing traffic channel performance.
- Partner with Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to identify new areas of concentration and feature enhancements for tracking and analysis.
- Drive standardization for tag creation and tag audit processes, to ensure there is a baseline of data quality, consistency, and architectural integrity throughout historical data.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to translate requirements for technical leads, and to drive technical workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with product managers, marketers, and analysts to integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, program-based reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior team members
You Should Have
- 4-6 years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A deep understanding of website and/or mobile app tag structures, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis.
- Keen ability to identify business goals, translate them into measurable KPIs, and set expectations on reporting impact
- Hands-on implementation experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel and/or similar analytics tools, from a tagging and data collection perspective for project launches and iterations.
- Experience architecting data collection solutions even more so than creating reports.
- Exposure to A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and analyses to validate a hypothesis
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and present complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Proficiency in building analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Good understanding of attribution Analysis to examine marketing campaign influence in site traffic volume and conversion rates.
- A willingness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with third-party vendors.
- A love for problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- The drive and ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Implemented ad pixels and reported on marketing campaign performance
- Familiarity with Tableau or other dashboarding tools, to provide insights and visualizations on complex data sets.
- Comfortable working with raw event log data to gain granular insights to user behavior dynamics.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.