We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
We are looking for a web analytics enthusiast that's inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness, to join our growing Data Analytics Team. Our team is responsible for front end data collection, reporting and overall, enabling actionable insights by facilitating data around user behavior across our platforms (native apps and web). This data is used by Product, Design, Finance and Marketing teams to measure the performance of new products and marketing campaigns within the user journey, and helps guide business efforts to further optimize the user experience.
You'll work on the full spectrum of web analytics: measurement strategy, tag requirements and QA, data reporting and data management, and will be part of key projects alongside our product managers, designers, plus finance and marketing analysts. You'll become an ecommerce analytics expert not only on web, but also iOS and Android environments.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work closely with Product, Finance, and Marketing teams to determine how to measure the performance of new products and feature enhancements, how to split traffic in relevant segments, and how to track user interactions to allow for further user experience enhancements.
- Create analytics tracking requirements and work closely with the Development team to collaborate on the proper implementation and testing of analytics tags on our web, iOS and Android applications.
- Drive standardization throughout tag creation, documentation, and audit processes, to ensure there is a baseline of data quality, consistency, and architectural integrity throughout historical data.
- Collaborate with Product and other business stakeholders to build dashboards that allow teams to monitor performance of features and user journey, as well as build ad-hoc reports for specific user behavior analyses.
- Manage Google Analytics assets and our tag management systems, enabling new data collection and monitoring data quality.
- Provide training to stakeholders, in order to facilitate the effective use of data
- Partner with Legal to ensure data collection is aligned with data privacy guidelines
What You Bring to the Table
- 4-6 years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- Hands-on implementation of Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel and/or another site analytics reporting tool, from a tagging and data collection perspective around the user journey
- Keen ability to identify business goals, translate them into measurable KPIs, map to analytics metrics and audience segments, and set expectations on reporting impact
- Tag Management Systems experience (Tealium, Google Tag Manager, Segment, etc) , around implementing tags and variables, and debugging analytics tags
- Exposure to A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and analyses to validate a hypothesis
- Proficiency in building analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
Got These? Even Better:
- Familiarity with Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other dashboarding tools, to provide insights and visualizations on complex data sets.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
- Database experience dealing with large data sets, and good comfort writing SQL is a plus.
- Implemented ad pixels and reported on marketing campaign performance
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]