Sr. Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including HGTV, Food Network, Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. The Senior Analyst is part of the Analytics and Insights group and will be responsible for developing and implementing the digital strategy across the digital portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Senior Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
you will support the growth of the Discovery Digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your drive, focus on big picture and influencing skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of all the digital offerings, the business and be a key drivers of the strategy.
1. Create and own new forecasting models using mathematical and statistical techniques to determine continuous improvement opportunities across Discovery’s digital business.
2. Proactively identify, evaluate and communicate business performance drivers, key metrics and other tools to provide objective, analytical and strategic insights regarding the business.
3. Work with various teams across the business to understand new initiatives, ensure forecast/plans include all relevant information, and help influence decision making.
4. Present and effectively communicate analytical conclusions to all stakeholders.
5. Support Insights team in creating strategy materials for Senior Leadership.
6. Partner with various Digital functions including the Content, Marketing and Product team in creating strategic execution plans to grow the Digital business.
7. Work with the analytics teams to deliver actionable insights to make data driven decisions.
* Demonstrated prior experience with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
* Bachelor’s degree; preferred analytical background
* 4+ years of experience within research / analytics with a focus on creating and monitoring forecasting models
* Knowledge across the TV Everywhere and Set Top Box VOD landscape is an asset
* Robust analytical skills with the ability to communicate results efficiently to peers
* Demonstrated strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride delivering quality results and understanding the business impact
* The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, a strong team player, and thrives in a fast paced environment
* Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States