Sr. Analytics Engineer at Frame.io
See all roles
Support our growing data consumption needs to deliver quick and deep insights for our Product and Engineering stakeholders.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
We’re seeking a talented Sr. Analytics Engineer to support our data-driven culture and our growing data consumption needs. As a software company serving more than 1 million users to date, we’re sitting on billions of rows of transactional data that powers our application, activity data captured through Segment, customer traits and communication data from a variety of marketing and sales tools, financial data from Stripe and Salesforce, and a multitude of others from which new opportunities can be unlocked.
Transforming, modeling, visualizing and analyzing data at that scale isn’t an easy task, but we’re fortunate to have invested in a toolkit and processes that help support a robust analytics infrastructure.
With our current phase of exciting growth comes a greater demand for both quick and deep insights— and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for someone to help us connect these disparate data sources, architect scalable data models and craft compelling visualizations to allow us to deliver insights for the next level of growth. On top of regular data model creation and maintenance, you’ll support key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, among others, with the ability to glean key insights that inform business decisions for their functional area. What’s more, you’ll also invest in training end users in Looker, our main data visualization and BI tool, to help you scale your impact.
At Frame.io, we’ve built a team of world class data practitioners who are strategic, driven, passionate, and are curious skeptics who bring their unique ideas and perspectives to everything we do. Our small but mighty team is highly productive and committed to mutual support, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
If that sounds like an exciting challenge, let’s chat!
- Contribute to our analytics infrastructure by continuing to build and extend on top of our data models with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- Ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model; and when it doesn’t build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards in Looker to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional area
- Deliver insights through ad hoc analyses and data extractions to resolve important business needs
- Train data champions from across the organization on SQL and Looker (including LookML)
- Train end users to self-serve data requests with Looker
- Improve data availability and quality to provide highly accurate, reliable access to data for the business
- Apply software engineering best practices to the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing)
- Identify process improvements, contribute to our documentation, and share best practices with the team and our end-users
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and tools in data/analytics engineering to help improve existing technology stack
- 5+ years of professional experience as an analytics engineer, data analyst, business intelligence analyst or data scientist
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Looker (including writing LookML)
- Hands-on experience with data modeling and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau or a similar tool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong business acumen and product intuition
- Experience using any of the following software/tools strongly preferred but not required: Segment, Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, dbt, or Apache Airflow
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.