Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Business Intelligence and Analytics team, the Sr. Associate, Business Intelligence - Data Analysis will be charged with designing, implementing, and launching innovative data science solutions to empower data-driven decisions at scale. They will gather valuable data and build mission-critical dashboards to support different business units across the organization. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration. This person will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Define key performance metrics, instrument events, and create effective dashboards that provide ongoing insights to business stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders across departments to understand the business needs, capture requirements, interpret experiments, conduct deep data analysis, and drive decisions
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Use scientific methods to establish causal relationships between actions and behavior
- Create analyses that tell compelling stories and inspire action. Gain better understanding of (but not limited to) user segments, funnels, retention, and return on investment, and identify areas for improvement
Who You Are
- You have a passion for working on big data. You can turn data into insightful stories.
- You can translate business objectives into analyses and are comfortable communicating concepts and results of analyses to a varied audience
- You love going heads down in SQL, but can also take a step back and understand the big picture
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analytics
- Proficient in SQL, experience with Python or R, comfort with statistical concepts
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.
- Bachelors in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Masters is a plus
- Working knowledge of machine learning, predictive analysis and experimental design is a plus
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.