Sr. Associate, Data Science at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Business Intelligence team, the Sr. Associate, Data Science will be charged with managing our data streams to better support our business needs. S/he will work with stakeholders across the organization to scale our processes and improve project outcomes. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Sr. Associate, Data Science will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Ingest, clean, synthesize and automate data streams to make data more usable and self-serve for Paxful
- You should be able to grow the team’s data culture and develop processes and standardization around data as needed; you love to coach and develop others to grow their career
- Your projects in this role will be focused on helping the teams prioritize their efforts, make smarter decisions, and iterate more quickly
- Assess market factors, analyze current business performance and build statistical models to extrapolate current and historical trends into forward-looking forecasts
- You will help teams become more self-serve and will automate and scale up data products so that we can quickly grow the team without needing to linearly grow the data science team
- You can explain technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
Who You Are
- You should enjoy “wearing multiple hats” and be comfortable operating in a startup-like environment with plenty of ambiguity, rapid change and lighting-fast growth
- You have a knack for communicating complex ideas in data to business stakeholders in a way they "get"
- You love to build, iterate, and improve -- it's in your way of being
What We’re Looking For
- At least 2-5 years of industry experience in data analytics
- Ability to work independently -- proactive and highly motivated. You can develop partnerships, identify areas of opportunity on your own, and complete projects with minimal guidance
- You have a strong enough knowledge of probability and statistics that you can differentiate signal from noise and produce analytically sound recommendations
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Experience with data science techniques and machine learning algorithms including cross validation, model evaluation, forecasting, classification, clustering, regression analyses, decision trees, and other similar topics
- Fluent in SQL, fluent in Tableau (strongly encouraged), experience with python (preferable) and/or R, along with use of jupyter notebooks; BS in data analysis, statistics, engineering, preferably a masters degree in relevant field
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful’s COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.