Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
The Data & Analytics team at Simon seeks to establish and maintain the data assets, operations, and culture to support a more optimized and introspective Simon. The team is looking for an impactful Data Analyst to play a foundational role in executing this goal.
As the second hire of the Analytics team, you will become a specialist on data related to all Simon functions, including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Client Solutions. You will expand our team’s impact by leading projects with internal partners from end to end, from problem scoping to the development and maintenance of solutions. You will gain mastery across our analytics stack and take pride in maintaining and improving our data infrastructure to support the team’s goals. Lastly, you will be a thought partner to the Head of Analytics on various issues, from designing analyses to setting team strategy.What You’ll DoResponsibilities will include:
- Supporting analytics pipeline -- including data modeling in DBT to dashboard development in Looker -- to enable the proliferation of self-service BI across Simon.
- Leading and executing on data-driven projects from problem scoping to implementation across different functions.
- Conceiving and creating data assets (datasets, dashboards, statistical models) that will support team strategy.
- Collaborating with data engineering to unlock data sources beyond the reach of our analytics stack.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to stakeholders with varying levels of statistical expertise.
- Leading trainings, events, and other activities that actively promote our data first culture at Simon.
- Becoming embedded in our marketing team to craft and build the data infrastructure that enables the bespoke reporting vital to optimize their operations.
- Collaborating with Go-to-Market leaders to refine our metric-backed stories and working across the analytics stack to generate the assets that support those communications.
- Creating churn prediction models that will help our Client Solutions more efficiently allocate and prioritize resources.
- Partnering with Account Executives to arm them with the data needed to close enterprise deals.
- Building data models that will enhance our ability to do more complex cross-customer analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in a data analysis role
- Problem solver that wants to tackle new challenges and, given context, being self-directed and passionate about owning your work autonomously.
- Good understanding of and interest in statistical concepts vital for nuanced analyses.
- Experience with executing in a cross-functional and ambiguous startup environments.
- Proficient in using SQL to write complex queries that join data across multiple systems
- Data analysis programming languages such as Python or R is a plus
- Experience with data modeling layers such as DBT is a plus
- Create visualizations using tools like Looker, Tableau, Mode, or Periscope/Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- Solid background of learning new tools, technologies, and frameworks.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.