Vimeo is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist who is passionate about Marketing!
Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. As a member of the Marketing Analytics team, you will be responsible for driving insights that inform our Marketing Strategy. The ideal candidate has supported Marketing teams as a data scientist for 4+ years. As a member of the team, you will report to the Sr. Director or Marketing Analytics and work closely with Marketing leaders to generate insights needed to drive growth for all of Vimeo’s business units.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our Finance and Performance Marketing team to create processes that value user actions
- Own and iterate on Vimeo’s churn and acquisition propensity models
- Maintain the Marketing team’s critical metric alerting systems
- Partner with our CRM and Product Marketing teams to craft marketing audience
- Size and measure Marketing AB tests
- Forecast the impact of Marketing changes to Vimeo’s bottom line
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Master’s degree (preferably in Business, Economics, Statistics or Computer Science) and 4+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role (preferably in a SaaS business)
- Extensive SQL, Python and Jupyter experience working with large datasets
- Proficient in Looker or Tableau
- Forecasting and financial modeling in Excel
- Consistent track record in using quantitative analysis to drive marketing decisions
- Experience with Google Analytics
Questions you’ll help answer:
- How can we increase the lifetime value or our subscriber cohorts
- Is Vimeo’s media mix optimized to hit our company goals
- Which user segments and personas should we invest in
- What are the most important landmarks in our users’ customer journey
What type of person we’re looking for:
- Comfortable communicating with senior executives
- Has a natural curiosity and is passionate about unearthing business insights
- A great teammate who enjoys working cross-functionally
- You truly believe that "getting it right" is just as important as "getting it done"
- Able to self-prioritize
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs