Sr Data Scientist at Neustar
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
Job Requisition:R-3226 Sr Data Scientist (Open)
Primary Location:NEW YORK
Who are we?
As a company built on the foundation of Privacy by Design, for more than 20 years Neustar’s unique capabilities have made us the leader in the field of responsible identity resolution. Neustar enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most, with world-class and industry leading solutions in Marketing, Identity, Risk, Communications, Security and Registry services.
Senior Data Scientist
Los Angeles, New York or another major Neustar office in the US (Virtual OK for experienced candidates with record of successful telecommuting)
The senior data scientist will work on challenging problems extracting actionable information out of the many data sources available to Neustar. She/he/they will focus on marketing analytics and privacy-preserving big data analytics, and will be involved in projects from end-to-end, including data ingestion and curation, hypothesis development, feature engineering, and model development and evaluation.
At Neustar senior data scientists create prototypes of new algorithms and support engineering teams in productizing these capabilities. They work closely with various teams including data acquisition, data products, other data science teams within various business units including Risk, Security, and OneID to ensure implementation of capabilities that enable the organization’s vision.
· Algorithm Development: Develop a deep understanding of all the data relevant to the problem to be addressed. Establish deterministic and probabilistic linkages between data sources and develop ways to extract and summarize the sought information in the data using a wide variety of statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques.
· Prototyping: Create prototypes of productizable ways to perform the analysis at scale, provide documentation and help educate your colleagues in different function about the solution.
· Support Implementation: Closely work with product, engineering and client teams to incorporate Data Science capabilities into Neustar’s products and services.
Experience and Qualifications:
· A PhD in an analytical field such as computer science, machine learning, data science, statistics, physics and/or engineering, or a Master’s degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years of experience is a minimum requirement.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with Python and SQL, and one or more enterprise level programming languages such as Java or Scala.
· Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with Linux-based cloud systems such as AWS and GCP.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with wrangling large (terabytes) event level datasets.
· Academic or industrial experience in privacy-preserving analytics on large datasets preferred.
· Some experience writing code for highly distributed systems such as Apache Spark, Dask and Hive.
· Several years of experience engineering features for machine learning models from raw data.
· Background in applying optimization theory to real-world problems.
· Ability to modify cost functions in machine learning algorithms based on business problems.
· Some experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
· Excellent oral and communication skills.
· Ability and experience working in a cross-functional environment.
At Neustar, we are committed to the growth and development of our employees whose individual skills, curiosity and passion for their work, contribute to the overall success of our business. Our core values (Accountability, Collaboration, Transparency, Resilience, and Respect) are the driving force of our culture across our locations around the globe. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including perks such as tuition & certification reimbursement, awesome company discounts, community service events, pet swag and much more! We are all learning and creating together; and having some major fun along the way.
JOIN US! We can’t wait to meet you!
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.