Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Leading a team of analytics professionals in delivering value to Cityblock's engagement and risk adjustment operations, allowing Cityblock to better care for our members.
- Business partner and consultant to our actuarial, operational and finance leaders, ensuring analytic deliverables are transparently reviewed, prioritized, assigned and delivered as committed in a way that adds business value.
- Clearly guides the execution and valuation of deliverables that meet company goals, and mentors the team to meet their professional goals.
- Delivers actionable insights to the business inspiring action to improve the care of our members.
- Defines and delivers source of truth reports supporting Finance and Member Services operations.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree with analytical focus - actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, physics, economics or computer science; advanced degrees preferred
- 10 years of analytics experience
- 8 years of healthcare experience, preferably data modeling and analysis, such as in healthcare economics or similar group/function
- 6 years experience leading people and projects
- Expertise with risk adjustment models and government business operations
How We Define Success:
- Delivery of analytics supporting business needs; customer satisfaction
- High rate of adoption of data driven recommendations
- Identification and valuation of new opportunities to improve care and/or operations that enables meeting or exceeding targeted performance
- Low Analytics team turnover
- Documentation, ratification and maintenance of engagement analytics roadmap
- Documentation, ratification and maintenance of risk adjustment analytics roadmap
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Healthcare payor experience
- Strong knowledge of payor vendor capabilities for engagement and/or risk adjustment
- Member engagement levers and analysis experience
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.