Sr. Manager of Insights at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Data Strategy & Insights department supports the entirety of the company, ensuring that every decision at The Farmer’s Dog is made with optimal insights and minimal friction. As Sr. Manager of Insights, you will be integral in filling the gaps in our knowledge by conducting both qualitative and quantitative research. You will also be key in digesting and disseminating insights throughout the company, especially to the executive team, and to the various folks through the org who can integrate the results of the research into their work.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Head of Data Strategy and Insights.How You'll Make an Impact
- Conduct primary research, both qualitative and quantitative, that get at the heart of what are the driving forces for our customers and prospects
- Work closely with cross-functional team leads to identify the gaps in our knowledge and how to best fill them
- Help drive company action and direction serving as a voice of the customer
- Drive life-long retention by helping us unearth our customer pain points so that we can improve
- Reduce the barriers to try The Farmer’s Dog, helping us make it easier for every dog’s human to feed their dog fresh.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all other teams at the company, including growth, product management (digital), R&D (physical product), brand marketing, operations, and CX
- You are empathetic and deeply understand the connection between emotions and actions
- You are expert in designing, writing, and fielding surveys using sophisticated methodologies
- You have strong experience conducting one-on-one interviews and moderating focus groups
- You have a keen ability to digest research findings and communicate them in a manner that others can quickly intuit and incorporate into their work.
- You pride yourself on being an expert in all aspects of the customer, the brand, and operations.
- You have at least 6 years combined experience in consumer insights and strategy and conducting primary research
- You have worked both, agency-side and in-house
- You are able to easily switch between strategic planning and hands-on implementation and execution
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota