Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch's Site Reliability Engineering team is continuing to evolve. This position will cover all aspects of Latch’s SRE strategy and development including: reliability, scalability, operational tooling, automating workflows, architecture & design reviews, investigating system failures, as it relates to the Product group you will be supporting. Latch is a firm believer of bringing in smart people who can define the roles for themselves, so come join us and start creating greatness.
Smart access isn't about just locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. With the launch of LatchOS, you will help support the first multifamily operating system that brings together all the elements that make up the modern building for building managers, vendors, and residents.
- Assigned as the SRE expert to the Data Engineering Team. The data team manages all aspects of our data strategy, including, analysis, engineering, and machine learning
- Supporting new and existing product observability through the creation and monitoring of metrics, logs and tracing. You will also assist in drafting SLO, SLI, and SLAs
- Responsible for setting up and managing CI-CD pipelines and artifact management
- Assisting with drafting, reviewing, and advising on Service or Product Design Review
- You will evangelize SRE best practices around observability, infrastructure management, and support
- Responsible for managing the infrastructure utilized by the Data Engineering Team. This includes managing cost controls, implementing auto-scaling, and developing infrastructure best practices for your product team
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable the Data Engineering Team to go from development to production with minimum effort
- Lead migration efforts off legacy infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotations and lead or conduct post-mortems of production failures, as needed
- Work closely with development teams, product, and customer service groups to identify, triage, and mitigate issues
- Stay current with technology trends and developments in the industry
- 5+ years of relevant experience with DataOps and SRE practices
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS and GCP
- Managing cloud infrastructure as code by leveraging provisioning and configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- 2+ years experience coding with any of these languages; Python, Go, or Java
- Experience with container orchestration technologies. Preferred experience in ECS
- Comfortable using Jenkins and Artifactory for application and infrastructure automation tasks
- Experience with monitoring/analytics tools such as Datadog, Sumo Logic, and PagerDuty
- Experience working closely with Security teams to drive compliance with SOC2, PCI, or similar certifications
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and work in a remote environment
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice