Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As a member of Foursquare’s data science team, you’ll be responsible for owning important methodological components of our leading foot traffic measurement platform. The methodologies we employ are varied which creates a rich environment for the application of data science technology. This is not just a machine learning job. We look for data scientists who are excited by the challenge of solving problems using a wide array of modeling and quantitative techniques.
To be successful, you’ll have to have a deep technical understanding of data science concepts across the disciplines of research methods, causal modeling, applied statistics and machine learning. You’ll also have the ability to build large-scale prototypes of your novel methodologies from the ground up.
The ideal individual will also want to grow the impact that they have across the organization by taking on increasing responsibilities.
We are currently looking for a Staff Data Scientist or Senior Staff Data Scientist depending on your experience.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own the core attribution methodology and work on deep problems that enhance your ML and causal inference chops.
- Take the lead in defining and executing the platform roadmap.
- Participate in the core conversations regarding the future of Foursquare's industry-leading AI-driven measurement platform.
- Proactively identify and implement product and process changes to make the platform more efficient and accurate.
- 5+ years of work or educational experience in data science, machine learning, statistics, or applied mathematics.
- Proven track record of delivering on products and/or practical research endeavors
- Programing skill for advanced computing (experience with the Python DS stack and/or Scala required)
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR or similar frameworks is a plus
- Industry Leading technology: You will be working on one of the leading measurement products in the industry.
- Leadership and Mentoring: you will be responsible technical leadership and mentoring of a team of high-performance data scientists.
- Face of the Product: You will represent the product both internally and externally, as the owner of its core methodology.
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.