In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
We are looking for Principal/Staff Data Scientists with a strong mathematical background to work alongside our Engineering Teams to build the next generation of retail and commerce models that delight and empower marketers. The ideal candidate is one that has several years of experience researching, building, serving, and maintaining data science models at scale. They are able to work with our Product Team to translate product requirements into the correct objectives, perform literature searches to identify the right approach, design thoughtful experiments, and write production code to serve the model and maintain it. They have first-hand experience with what works and what doesn’t, and are eager to share this experience with both junior and senior members and guide them through that process. They are also able to, and excited to, help architect the data science infrastructure needed to accelerate innovation on models and facilitate serving and maintaining them. Finally, they should be curious and eager to identify and explore the myriad of other products that can be built on our unique data asset. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Identifying appropriate models/algorithms to solve product requirements
- Meticulous experimentation to evaluate and compare models
- Writing internal and external facing documentation describing models and approaches, such as wiki pages, white papers, blog posts or journal papers.
- Deploying models to production and maintaining them
- Evangelizing Bluecore Data Science internally and externally
- Identifying new opportunities to leverage our data asset
- Proposing and drive technical initiatives
- Proposing infrastructure to accelerate the pace of model exploration and improve model serving and maintenance
- Being a technical mentor for senior and junior team members
- Meeting with customers to discuss our machine learning models and roadmap
- PhD or MS in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Math, Data Science, Physics, Statistics, or Engineering
- Deep understanding of Statistical/Probabilistic Analysis and Linear Algebra
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, including internships
- Experience building, delivering and maintaining Machine Learning and AI products
- Experience setting ML/AI project roadmaps
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Experience in technical mentorship and leadership
- Ability to write production-ready code
- Experience with Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing, Time Series Analysis, and/or Optimization
- Experience with ML at scale
- Experience with SQLv
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.