Staff Software Architect - Big Data Analytics at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is looking for a Staff Software Engineer - Analytics Architect to lead the design and implementation of our next generation analytics platform. You will be responsible for the global data model and analytics architecture which can handle flexible user defined schemas and can scale for customer and internal needs. In addition, you will introduce new analytics platform capabilities.
- Own the design, construction, and scaling of our analytics platform to a schema flexible model
- Work with Product to define the vision and future roadmap of our analytics architecture
- Perform detailed analysis of business needs and technical challenges
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to improve performance
- Plan for scaling to millions of distinct entities and petabyte size in data
- Evaluate and articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Design how data sets, pipelines, ETLs and transformations are handled from various data sources and workflows
- Work with distributed cloud environments and on-premise solutions
- Take the lead in driving better data quality through automation, monitoring, and automated recovery
- Define Analytics standards, policies and procedures for the organization.
- Maintain technical proficiency with analytics best practices; specifically visualization, dashboards, business metrics, KPIs, reports, queries, search, predictive analytics, and master data management.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field or similar college level experience
- Knowledge of Big Data Analytic architectures
- Experience understanding, analyzing and using relational, star, entity-relationship, multi-dimensional and/or object-oriented database models
- Direct involvement building an analytics platform that supports flexible schemas and/or schema on read.
- Experience working with and architecting data-intensive applications using technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop or related.
- Familiarity with application security and data protection
- Experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, Teradata, BigQuery or related.
- Data Science or Predictive analytics experience
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Strong foundation in design of reusable and maintainable software.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Passionate about leading, guiding and mentoring others
- Experience developing machine learning algorithms and training of models
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.