Actionable data drives everything we do; since inception we have believed that data is most valuable when it drives action. As we continue to invest in that vision, we are looking for a Staff Analytics Infrastructure Engineer to build the future of Analytics at Bluecore. We are looking for someone who understands the subtleties of working with data and has a track record of collecting and curating datasets and building data products and dashboards. They must be an experienced data architect who has built and maintained lambda architecture based pipelines, as well as the APIs that serve the data.
You will work across our engineering teams to build infrastructure and flows that provide clean, reliable, cataloged and actionable datasets and with our product teams to define and build the products they enable. You’ll be an influential leader, actively coding while simultaneously helping your team design and implement technical solutions. You’ll be designing and building not just the data pipelines but an extensible framework for data management and transformation. You’ll be building services and pipelines with Python, Go, Java and gRPC running on Kubernetes and the Google Cloud Platform, leveraging Beam, BigQuery, Datastore, BigTable, and Postgres for storage.
Bluecore’s Engineering team is made up of exemplary engineers who believe in working collaboratively to solve complex technical problems and build creative solutions that are as simple as possible, but as powerful as necessary. We emphasize a culture of making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door. As a Staff Engineer at Bluecore, you will join forces with other cross-functional engineering teams to build scalable, extensible, reliable, and performant systems that provide significant company and industry-level impact. We have clear roadmaps and initiatives, which help us leverage the work we’ve completed. You’ll have ownership over your work, and will be influential in driving the overall growth and success of Bluecore.
- Be a key contributor on major projects owned by the Analytics Infrastructure squad, such as: Enhancing our next-generation Analytics pipeline, building scalable data publishing services, and hardening our reporting infrastructure.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions, and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst Senior Engineering Leadership and Company Leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire Engineering organization.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Significant experience working with lambda/streaming architectures.
- Significant experience as a data engineer designing and maintaining business-critical datasets
- Significant experience working with relational databases - Postgres and/or columnar stores (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.) preferred.
- Significant programming expertise with statically-typed languages, preferably Go/Java. Use of performance optimization tools and past experience in a SRE function is a plus.
- Familiar with GCP and kubernetes.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or technology space. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, E-mail, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term development plans, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.